Unfortunately, if the color of your template is not printing as you expected, this is likely a printer issue – my templates do not change from order to order. Here is a checklist of things to try to correct your color output:
- Firstly check that you are printing from ADOBE READER only! Printing from other programs (such as Preview the default PDF viewer on a Mac) will often result in strange colors!
- Print on Matte Photo Paper for best color. Printing on different types of paper can drastically change the colors even when using the same printer.
- Make sure to check the level of ink in your ink cartridges.
- Ensure you select the the correct type of paper in the Print Settings of the Print Dialog Box (e.g. don’t select photo paper if you are printing on cardstock).
- Ensure that you have selected the best quality print settings in the Print Dialog Box.
- Try selecting the “Print as Image” checkbox (found by clicking on the Advanced button – see a screenshot here for help). Selecting this can help with color correction on some printers.